Friday, April 22, 2011

The mixed-up language & musings of a near 4-year-old

Translating what Evie says into what she means can be a hilarious ride.

Latest highlights include:
"Mommy (exasperated) I very want to go to the park!"

"Mommy, these commercials don't know I'm trying to watch my show!"

"Mommy, is that a bat?" I ask what she is talking about. She continues with her hand to her ear, "Do you hear it? Listen. Its a squeaking sound...."
*silence*
Evie starts making a squeaking sound. I listen harder imagining how awful its going to be when we have to go get rabies shots. Then I hear it... its a crow in the distance outside... and I tell her such. I then ask, "How do you know about bats?" Answer, "From Scooby Doo." Ah, yes. the intro song to Scooby Doo... such an educational theme.

Evie, "Mommy, sit with me."
Me, "Baby, I have to get ready for work."
Look of shear genius on her face, "I know! You can work at home!"
Me, "No, I have to sit in front of a computer all day ....and you'll want to do things with me."
Evie, "Why do you do that?"
Me, "For money. So I can buy you things."
Evie, questioning, "Buy me things?"
Me, "Yeah."
*pause*
Evie, "I want a purse."

"That tickles my foots."

No comments: