Wednesday, April 27, 2011

First Chocolate Easter Bunny

I might have gotten Evie a very small bunny last year but I really can't recall. She would have been over 2.5 years and I was probably still trying to curb the candy addiction at that time. After having a year of pre-school under her belt... I've given that all up. We are bombarded with candy all the time. OK, maybe that's my fault... I am a candy addict, everyone knows this.
We must have at LEAST 2 lbs of candy in full rotation at all times. I keep a big bowl by the kitchen door and Evie is actually very good at not getting into it or going bonkers for candy throughout the day... granted she asks for a piece of candy every night after dinner, but it's always just one piece and then she's done.

This year's Easter Basket was... full.

I had, *ahem*... the Easter Bunny had, filled her basket with a large chocolate bunny, Nerds, Sweet Tart bunnies, Skittles, a few plastic eggs with more candy, a small Rapunzel doll, princess-themed socks, head bands, princess band-aids, princess toothbrushes, princess lip gloss, and a stuffed basket filled with play vegetables ('cause the bunny knows Evie's into playing house lately, and frankly, those are the kinds of foods a bunny likes).

So that was all Easter Sunday morning, April 24th (the morning after staying up all night vomiting... needless to say we took our time about diving into any treats that day).

A few days after Easter I goaded Evie to take a bite of her bunny. She eagerly ate off his ears... and then (even more enthusiastically) chomped off his candy eyes. She seemed to like the candy bits better than the chocolate. I remember liking chocolate as a kid but preferring candy, too. so this wasn't a total shock to me. The part that WAS a shock was that after I cut off some more for her to eat before packing it away... she handed a piece to me... a piece to her dad... and then she left behind a piece on the table because she was "done."
Who's child IS THIS?



No comments: