Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Conversation with Natalie

I call Natalie who had, in November, described a pain she had in her 9th month. A pain that sounded awful.
Me: "Hey."
Natalie: "What's up?"
Me: "You remember telling me about that pain you had? In your pelvis? The one where you couldn't walk?"
Natalie: "Yeah. The one that felt like an ice-pick jabbing into your bones?"
Me: (gulping, 'cause YES, that is the feeling. And, although I have found someone who shares in my pain,... it's someone who experienced this pain off/on for an entire month until the baby was born) "Yeah, that's the feeling. Its like someone sticking an ice-pick into your bone... right where my right leg hinges into my pelvis. And its just on the right side... where the baby sits. If I'm up on my feet for only 2-3 hours and then I sit for awhile... its like I lock-up and can't walk! If I lift my leg to take a step, it takes my breathe away until I put it back down again... if I can even lift it. Rob's helped me to the bedroom twice when this has happened... its horrible!"
Natalie: "Yeah, that's it. Remember when I told you about trying to shop... realizing I couldn't walk and leaving the store?"
Me: "Yeah?"
Natalie: "That was it."

Great.
Only 3 weeks to go and 37 things to do between now and then.
Pregnancy the second-time 'round is hard!
http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/ask-heidi/pelvic-pain.aspx

No comments: