Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Baby Book... started.

Decided to get a leg-up while I have some time to spare. I started filling out what I could in Schwally's baby book. Its both helpful that I keep a blog (so I can go back and get dates/info to jot down in the book) and also silly that I have all this info archived in this blog (how can I print out all these entries and bind them for future reference? Why am I just re-writing all this into a baby book?).

I feel bad that the sections that talk about "How mommy and daddy prepared for my arrival!" really have nothing worth mentioning considering we didn't do any prep at all with him being baby #2. And the section about "Parties people held for mommy and daddy!" are blank with no gifts (Baby Showers are for first-time babies).... we have a lot of great hand-me-downs worth mentioning but will he feel slighted compared to Evie's plethera of gifts (?), boo. And lastly, the section about "What mom and dad did to celebrate when they found out about me!"... how does one say we didn't celebrate for months after having experienced a miscarriage just 4-5 months earlier.
Bah!
Thank goodness baby #2 is a boy cause... I really think I am over-thinking all this. Boys don't care about such silliness (do they?). And, even still, I'm an only child. I bet most seconds understand the laws of hand-me-downs and re-purposing baby stuff. Right? Right. Just as long as we draw the line on re-purposing Evie's pink frilly dresses. ;-)

2 comments:

Jill said...

Brooke,
Google blurb or blog2print. Both companies will print your blog.

Still need to print mine but I gave up on the other baby book long ago.

Hope you are enjoying these last few moments before the little one arrives.

Jill

Brooke Ullman said...

Jill, SO HAPPY you told me about this!
Now I'm back-tracking to fill in a few recent events in hopes of making a few keepsake books soon!