Wednesday, June 20, 2007

37 weeks + 1 day

Technically, I could go any day now.
Its funny how you really lock in on your due date like it will be Christmas morning. You'll awake to contractions and have a baby by the dinner hour. All of it organized and on schedule. And, the closer you get to that date, you also start thinking, "Wow, I could actually go even earlier! I'm at the END!"
Reality - I'll probably be late. But no one likes to think about this, *wink*.
Just a coupla things I'd like to take note of today - I feel CONSIDERABLY more sluggish today than I did one week ago. Its amazing how, near the end, each day that passes feels like an entire week. I move slow. I eat slow. My brain isn't firing on all cylindars. I wake up all night long. I pee moments after I just peed. And, I just feel like sitting and doing - NADA. Who IS this person? What happened to me? Am I still in here? Will I go back to the old me? Eh, I'm way to lazy to care about that right now (this is so not the real me. I'm a little worried but, again, don't want to exert any extra energy worrying about it).
My office had a lunch shower for me today and it was very sweet. Home made cupcakes (yellow cake + chocolate frosting, yum! I ate 2), gift table loaded with books, blankets, stuffed toys and other necessities, ...someone picked up my tab and we got out of work for 2 hours. Perfect!
Just 2 more work days until another weekend... my countdown begins.
Up this weekend:
Get fitted for and buy a nursing bra or two.
Get the car seat installed.
Go buy a glider rocker, changing table pad.
Do some baby laundry and clean up the baby room.
Get house key copy made for L to watch the dogs should I go into labor.
Baby shower thank you's for coworkers.
Balance the checkbook (laugh at the numbers).

No comments: