Friday, November 10, 2006

Testing, Testing... Is this real?

I didn't sleep at all last night.
Yesterday's events moved like an intense "stages of acceptance". Denial, shock, acceptance, giddiness, seriousness, doubt, panic, calm.... and that was just the 7 minutes I was on the phone telling Rob.
My biggest panics right now are health care (but I think I'm OK) and my job.
I am, afterall, brand new at my company. I've been there for 6 weeks now. And, the worst part, ...I'm a temp. They told me they'd sign me on fulltime in the spring. But, after this news - they might not. And then what?!. I'm the breadwinner with the steady income. Oh God, my head spins. I didn't want to be pregnant and panicked throughout the whole thing.
But then again, it is me and I was bound to find ANYTHING to freak out about.
I took the second test today. Same result. Do I bother with the blood test? Its like asking another party to confirm, "Yup, this here is 2 lines. Your pregnant."
I'm wearing my "Citizens for Humanity" designer jeans that I decided to SPLURGE on last year - no time like the present to wear everything I can!

No comments: