Saturday, November 18, 2006

Body Issues

On Wednesday night I had that little freak out about weight. No - I don't have a problem getting a belly - can't really help that part of the equation, right? But I am so worried about the fat face, fat flabby biceps, and chunk thighs. People don't call them birthing hips and wide, flat mommy asses for nothing. This shit came from someone turning into all of this.
I was always slender and could eat anything I wanted growing up. It sleighs me that I'm getting older... I have gray hairs and belly flab. I want to just get a small belly and have people tell me I look fabulous ... cause I do... not cause they can see the former thin chick crying inside. *sigh*, and a lot of it really is out of your control. It really is. When you are on this side of the fence - you see it.
I don't know if I have gained any weight yet. I go to the Dr. on Dec 6th and we'll see then. I had actually just gone in for my annual check-up one week before conceiving so I will be one of those RARE women who not only know the exact date of conception but really will know her true base weight.
Thursday I was getting over the weight thing a little. I have to. I have cut out all sodas and caffeine (OK, today I had about 1/4 a cup of coffee and it was plenty. I think I needed it). I've also really cut down on the sweets although people seem to be shoving them in my face these days. And I know Christmas cookies are just waiting on the horizon. But you have to watch things EARLY - cause there is no going back.
I get nauseous on occasion and have had my moments where I thought I'd toss up a full stomach but, nothing so far. They say morning sickness (vomiting) is a sign of a healthy pregnancy (which, I truly think is the same bullshit used on brides getting married on a rainy day)... but all I know is... its your last chance to keep your weight in check before porking down 5 meals a day like I've been able to.

No comments: