Monday, July 18, 2011

OBX Beach Trip 2011: Day Two

First full day on vacation. Let's see how Schwally fares on this beach excursion!


Daddy, Pop-pop and Evie. To each their own idea of fun...


Evie makes "sand angels". Note to parents: I don't recommend encouraging your kids to do this. There's sand in places where pearls will be made one week from now...


Max "chills" in his pup tent... which is also under an umbrella. OK, let's be honest, there's not much chill about this set-up. I spent most of my time panicking that Max was pressure cooking in this thing... (and he never truly slept in here either).


My father proudly displays his found "teeth" while Rob, ... well..., while Rob questions whether or not procreating with my family was a bright idea.


Schwally has some fun time with me outside his tent. This was short-lived before giving him a bottle and later handing off to daddy for a mini break for me.


Max is at the beach!


Evie is either digging tide pools or trying to help the ocean reclaim some sand. In any case, big shovels + kids = fun.


After dropping off beach toys at the house (sand castles supplies) and grabbing pool toys (swimmies and floatation devices), we walk over to the rental facilities community pool for some afternoon fun. Evie likes jumping in for dad to catch her.


What a difference a year makes. Evie confidently swims alone with just swimmies on. This time last year we couldn't let go. I'm really enjoying this newfound independence... and lamenting that we will be starting all over again with Max, wink*!


Evie loving on Lala.


Jump! Jump! After this picture was taken I actually dropped me arms and didn't catch Evie. She wasn't too thrilled with me but she did jump in by herself. Baby steps, kid, baby steps....


Max enjoys the upper floor balcony with my dad. We have a great view of the surrounding area this high up but he doesn't seem to appreciate it on a level that we
(the adults) do.


And so closes the first full day at the beach. Evie watches a show and gives Schwally a hug. Shortly after I took this super cute photo I heard, "Mom. I don't want him on my arm anymore."

No comments: