Tuesday, July 19, 2011

OBX Beach Trip 2011: Day Three

"Good morning, sunshine!"


Less photos today.
I had midnight feeding last night (I went to bed at 9:30PM... yes, you heard me, 9:30PM!) and Max awoke at 3:45AM for a bottle. That's 6 hrs and 15mins of sleep... which was awesome! Max sucked down a 5ouncer no problem and went back to sleep no problem. He did, however, wake up at 5:30AM. After Rob & I took turns co-sleeping with him in our bed... he did go back to sleep and stay asleep till 7:30AM.
I slept in until near 9AM.
Yes, that's nearly 12hrs of sleeping.
And, yes, I most certainly could have slept longer.

My mom, Rob and Evie went to the beach around 10:45AM.
Max and I stayed behind... I felt he had enough the day before so we'd hang-out indoors and maybe venture the pool later.
The next few hours were a bit fitfull and Max never truly napped.
Everyone was back by 1PM for lunch.
By 2:30PM I was back outdoors and off to the pool to join my dad, mom and Evie... Rob stayed behind to monitor Schwally while he napped.

My mom has managed to crack herself up in this photo after making a joke about my father using this as his latest FaceBook profile picture.


Evie, despite our attempts to get her to jump in all by herself yesterday, suddenly decided today was OK to take a leap on in! She requested that I come closer to catch her but my dad just told her, "Just do it. Jump in! You can do it." So, she did!
Too bad Rob was back at the house with Schwally and missed it (and, thank goodness for video features on digital cameras).


Shortly before leaving, a dad with his 3 kids showed up. Evie found the fellow 4 year old in the bunch. They immediately challenged each other on who was taller, who was older, and who could do more in the water. Ay-yi-ii.


Pop-pop tried to hang out on the balcony with Max while we prepared dinner indoors.
It didn't go so well.


...until Lala took over.


While daddy grilled shish-kabobs downstairs, we piled in for a short rock on the 3rd floor hammock.
This moment was perfect till Schwally fussed from the wind, Evie complained that the rope was hurting her and the sun was making me blind.
Again, this only lasted a moment.

No comments: