Saturday, July 02, 2011

Evie turns FOUR!


Funny, I turned 34 this year... Rob will turn 40... and Evie turns 4.
I wonder if there's something to all these 4's in our lives this year.
Hey! We even became a family of 4...
OK, self, back away from this mindless philosophical thought vortex...

So, today was Evie's birthday AND her birthday party. So nice it worked out this way!
We celebrated at Kangaroo Jac's with 8 other pre-school aged friends (and a few new baby boys in the mix, too. Seems like there are many recent baby brother additions).

Evie had a morning of gift opening at home with mom and dad. gifts included: Vet Barbie with playful pups, Barbie "fashion" clothing to dress aforementioned Barbie, a play tent that goes on the twin-sized bed (I had one as a kid and loved it!), and a light blue princess dress-up dress.
I was actually shocked that the princess dress didn't get the rave reviews I thought it would. I was both disappointed and elated (could this phase finally be on the decline? Dare I hope???).

Dad and Evie spent some time at the neighborhood coffee shop while I prepared to escape the house. We had to leave at 10:30AM! Can you believe we got there not only on time but EARLY? Evie got 30 minutes extra playtime before guests arrived.

We played, ate pizza, munched rainbow cake and opened tons of presents all in a 2-hr timeframe. Phew!

Best part: Evie crashed hard and took a nice 1.5hr nap afterward. Yippee!

Happy birthday, baby. I love you!

Everybody line-up!

This terrifies me for when Josephine and Evie become 16-year-olds... and Tyler is a driver.

I love thinking how this picture will be reviewed years and years from now with the same nostalgia as when I look at my kiddie birthday parties from the early 80's.

Girlie gifts! Girlie gifts!

1 comment:

hapi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.