Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Potty Training: Day 4 & 5 (at the Sitter's)

So, Evie went back to a routine of going to the Sitter's house this past Monday (yesterday).
I gave the Sitter a heads up that we were in training... supplied her with M&M's, sticker, sticker chart, directions on how we praise... to be honest, I don't think she did any of it. That's cool. To be realistic, she's raised 8 kids of her own and currently watches around 5 kids (3 of which are babies).... who has time to offer the undivided attention we shower on Evie?
All this being said - I do hope Evie is still feelin' proud, in charge and very in control of her new situation. I feared backsliding when Rob dropped her off on the morning of Day 4.
I called the Sitter near the end of the day on Monday and she paused, "Well, ... its going OK." OK?!. OK? What does that MEAN? She had her hands full and I really couldn't take up too much of her time on the phone so all I got was that Evie had had an accident and spent the rest of the day running around in panties. After Rob picked her up, it was more clear - Evie had started to pee before completely making butt contact with the seat. Ha! That's nothing but a success as far as I am concerned!
Today, Day 5: ACCIDENT FREE and all Pee-pee's on the potty! Who-hoo! (OF course the Sitter said Evie wanted to pee-pee every 40 minutes but HELL, no accidents and all reminding herself? Pretty awesome, I think! I love her enthusiasm, that little girl of mine!)

Tomorrow, Day 6: To poop or not to poop (Evie has NOT pooped in 2 days, what's a parent to do? I'm thinking coffee in tomorrow's milk....)

No comments: