Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Morning stealth.

Lately (like in the last three mornings), Evie has figured out that she can climb out of bed (again, we have a day bed turned around facing the wall to act as a kiddy cage), walk down the hall and then walk around our bed to my side (also, again, we have a VERY tight bedroom... like 9.5" x 12" with a queen bed and two dressers... some strategic slinking is required to navigate).
All the while... silent.
On Sunday morning I rolled over thinking I heard her walking around only to find her... Right. In. My. Face.
Wha! SHIT!
That kid was like poltergeist just staring across at me. She's right at eyeball height, too.
I didn't know if I should wet the bed or grab Rob's face as I lept onto his side.
Monday morning I was made aware of Evie's pending presence when her Moo-Cow (blankie with rattle-filled head) made a sorta *scha-shink* sound as she made her way down the hall. Still, is this the new morning routine? I'm not sure I like this.
Visions of millions of midnight wake-ups I did with my mother come flooding to mind... will that be next? Middle of the night wake-ups?
I need to get this kid a kitty collar with a bell.

No comments: