Friday, September 14, 2007

Light at the end of the tunnel

Evie has been woken at 10PM for a "final feeding" for the last 2 weeks. She takes about 2-3oz's in between dozes. The last 3 nights she has woken at 4 or 5AM for her "midnight feeding". Which, got Rob and I thinking... let's wake her up at 9PM to push back that midnight feeding (so we aren't up 1-2 hrs before I get up for work).
Well, yesterday, apparently was an awesome day for dad and baby. She slept and ate great throughout the day (which made me feel relieved). I came home to her waking up for a dinner bottle. I bathed her while Rob grabbed a pizza. I read Evie a book (she feel asleep during it - perfect!) and it was lights out by 6:45PM.
At 8PM, she woke up starving. Gave her a bottle (half breast milk/half formula. No, not mixed together!) and she was out by 8:30PM. Rob and I were thrilled. We still didn't go to bed until late, however (10PM).
At 2AM she woke for a bottle. She unfortunately was WIDE AWAKE and playful until spitting out her pacifier at 4:40AM (I could hear her wriggle and giggle all night. It was rather cute but it kept me up!).
Evie stirred at 6AM but didn't wake until 6:30AM.
Who-hoo!
That's:
Went to bed at 8:30PM. Woke at 2AM. Woke for the day at 6:30AM.
This.... is reason to celebrate. Probably a fluke and/or short-lived but a miracle worth celebrating just the same.

2 comments:

Robert Ullman said...

Yeah, but she's barely slept all fuckin' day...maybe two hours? So I'm not really celebrating anything.

Brooke Ullman said...

OK, OK - to be fair I wasn't at home all day to witness the derailing of the train. She did, apparently, stay awake ALL afternoon and non-stop fussed in lieu of napping.
It didn't help that you have some unGodly cold, Rob. For that, I'm truly sorry. We both know I would have abandoned everybody and taken a long drive off to nowhere if in your shoes.
You're a real trooper and I thank you.
But, hey! How about the following night (after this entry?)