Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Craigslist

Craigslist is an excellent source for kids stuff. Kids either outgrow it quickly, hated it, never wore it or you got doubles and you can't return it.
But this gem I found today - I can't put it into words. A woman in Hanover (neighboring county) is selling this item, here's what she says about it:
"Really cute pony in great condition from a smoke free home. It can either be strapped to your leg for the child to ride or set on the floor. The best thing is that it makes realistic galloping & neighing sounds. Below is a link to the web site for more info. If interested, please contact me even if Hanover isn't convenient for you. $15 cash. Thanks!"
Now, you just KNOW her kid was completely freaked out by this item... money not wells-pent by grandma who watches too many TV infomercials late at night. She attaches a photo and the link to the company's website... which left me horrified:
Give it justice - turn up the volume:
Po-knee Link

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I checked this blog while working at the library, and everyone around me is suddenly wondering why I'm working so hard to suppress my laughter at the website for this amazing, amazing invention. It's the combination of the down-home, folksy country music and the pure sincerity of the narrator's enthusiasm that gets me. In a strange way, it almost gets me a little choked up. Wouldn't life be a lot simpler and slightly more wonderful if we could all feel the kind of joy toward a plush, equine knee-pad as everyone connected with this website so obviously felt? I can see why grandma gave in to this pitch and bought one for her little angel. I'm overwhelmed.

Imperfect Christian said...

Um, that scares the crap out o me.

gisou said...

Beware, cos it sez that if I am "looking for the perfect gift, to give the gift of Pony!"
Wow.

Brooke Ullman said...

Giselle, I'm sure there are many more "perfect gift" ideas out there just waiting to be had. Particularly if you get an invite to my shower.
AddieDaddy, I don't think its the sentimental thoughts that have you choked up. It must be the laughter.
Imperfect Christian, I think it scared the crap out of that Hanover woman's kid, too.

Brooke Ullman said...

Giselle, I'm sure there are many more "perfect gift" ideas out there just waiting to be had. Particularly if you get an invite to my shower.
AddieDaddy, I don't think its the sentimental thoughts that have you choked up. It must be the laughter.
Imperfect Christian, I think it scared the crap out of that Hanover woman's kid, too.