Wednesday, March 21, 2007

24 Weeks - Photo

Whoa! I'm half the size I'm gonna get, yikes!
Well, I'm in my 25th week after having completed my 24th week. And to think, I never gave a shit about counting time this precisely. I used to think pregnant women were crazy when they told me how many weeks they were and that mothers were anal-retentive when they said how many months their toddler was. Its all beginning to make sense. It scares me.
So, technically, for you non-pregos out there, I am 5 1/2 months. Like my co-worker (who has a kid) said to me yesterday, "Phew, you're just starting." Yes, yes I am.
Baby kicks all the time. All... the time. She's kicking right now it fact. Its an odd sensation like something is insisting on attention and... you can't give it. She does stop when I rub her only to resume kicking when I stop. There's only so much of that I want to do encourage, though. First off, I look like a wierdo massaging my big belly while at work. That, and I'm afraid she'll become a brat demanding attention when she is here. I was a brat. I don't care to repeat the cycle into this generation.
So off we go to Ohio soon - leave this Friday. I'm feeling better than I thought I would (at this point - I think I could stand the 8.5 hour drive up. I'm not sure about the drive back, however. I was afraid my back would be killing me at this point but I think I'll be OK). Ullman family baby shower is this weekend. I'm excited and nervous as hell about getting all this baby stuff back home. So nervous... that I'm getting ticked off. I'd say I was almost PMS'ing over the whole thought of this weekend & getting things taken care of for this weekend... but its not PMS.
On a separate note: I had to shave my legs while sitting on the side of the tub today. Yes, ladies, for those of you who plan to get pregnant someday... mark your calendars. Week 24 is when you can no longer perform the flamingo while in the shower. There's just no abs for it. I now wonder when I can no longer reach my ankles.

No comments: