Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Keeping Up

I've been so busy the last few weeks. After Ohio, I went right back to work the next day. After work was holiday-party-food-shopping and all night long cookie baking. The weekend was cleaning the house followed by terrible news regarding both of my grandmother's health followed by hosting our Christmas party (I think it went well despite my being sober at a party for the first time since, at least, high school). The next day was errands and picking up a new chair we had ordered months ago. Then, back to work, more downhill news regarding my paternal grandmother (I believe we are now on stand-by at this time), and after-work Christmas shopping (I have hardly any gifts for my parents... which really doesn't matter at all given the recent family news. We've all begun to re-evaluate what the holidays mean). And the rest of this week will be catching up on bills, buying groceries to make it till Saturday (man, despite what I once thought, cannot live on cookies alone) and getting to Greensboro on time Saturday to pick up my parents from the airport.... that is if they still come back home after caring for my grandmother in Ohio?
Everything is hectic and up-in-the-air.
I've almost forgotten about obsessing over pregnancy this past week. That's a good thing... because its made things go by a lot faster!
This week I'm in week 11 and the baby is about 2" long. It will be 2.5" by Christmas. Talk about tremendous growth. I'm actually beginning to realize that I will be as big as a house. I really did, in the forefront of my mind, think I'd have a cute belly that most woman have at 5-6 months. I kind of stopped imagining it past that point. Maybe because woman are scarcely out & about shopping & hanging out when they are that uncomfortably big. Dear God,... I'm going to get HUGE!
*deep breathes*
I skipped ahead and read about week 12... My hell is just beginning:
"Some women start noticing changes in their skin at pregnancy 12 weeks. You may notice for example that you have more freckles or that the freckles you have seem darker."
Great.
I'm going to look like a bloated leopard.
*sigh*

No comments: