Thursday, December 28, 2006

12 weeks - 2 days

All my books and online newsources tell me that at 12 weeks - the uterus rises up and out of the pubic bone. In layman's terms, your belly starts to "pop out."
*sigh*
Today, I put on a pair of pants that LP and I both have from H&M. She will be thrilled to know that after today - they will be retired for a year. I not only couldn't button them but I could hardly zip them, too. Its so strange when this happens. You feel fatter and you don't feel fatter. Its a mixed sensation. I feel my belly when I sit, it has these new unique folds that I'm getting used to–but I didn't feel like I had outgrown pants already. You feel like a fatass initially. Like, "Oh my God, how could I let myself go like this?" And then you have to remind yourself - duh, you're pregnant.
In lighter & even funnier news, my recent romp reminded me of just how huge my boobs have gotten. I feel like I got a free boob job recently. Its hysterical. I almost feel like a pre-teen during puberty. These new funbags are not only way more bouncey than I have ever experienced but they form this hypnotizing cleavage that makes even me stare.
I find this whole process entertaining. I'm probably going to get even more candid about all of this as time wears on cause its all just that interesting to me. I feel like one big science experiment and its so fascinating. I feel like sharing this so those of you who have been here before can laugh in remembrance and for those of you who haven't been here can marvel at what really goes on step by step (the stuff they don't necessarily reveal in maternity books).
I plan to post monthly photos, soon, too (no, not of my chest). We took one at what we thought was 4 weeks but it was actually 5. Same for 8 weeks but it was actually 9. And we took one today. You'll all get to see how out of shape I was before this adventure begins.

No comments: