Sunday, December 03, 2006

How the hell is this "fun"?

Online pregnancy websites are 1-part helpful and 2-parts corny.
I just read a suggestion about how to keep your pregnancy a secret during the first tri-mester if you are typically a very social drinker (which, I am). I have so far raised no questions as to why I have not been drinking - but its still good to gather additional tips.
How in the hell is this a tip? Is this fun?
"It can be fun to tell everyone you're on a diet, then confuse them as you pack on weight at a rapid pace."
That's great. Thanks for offering this suggestion injected with my irrational fear of becoming fat. I feel comforted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

People always suspected I was pregnant when I wasn't drinking...(What does this mean?) But I started drinking cranberry juice and soda water and it kinda looks like a mixed drink. That held the questions at bay although my girls dinner group saw right through it.

Brooke Ullman said...

If people are looking for something - they'll find it no matter what is really the best lesson I have since learned from all of this. Nice trick - thanks!