Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Too popular of an excuse...

Putting Evie to bed last night.
It was my turn to brush teeth and read stories since dad gave her a bath.
Lately, its been getting to be a real challenge curling up into bed with Evie to read a book.... what with me getting big and her bed being squishy & low to the floor. I must use this excuse a lot cause it ended up as a potential reason for yet another thing mommy does/does not do:

Me: "Here, let's read these books."
Evie: "I want to read 'Summer Vacation'."
Me: "I'm not reading that one again, I just read it."
Evie:"Why? *pause* Why don't you want to read it?"
Me: "I told you."
Evie: "Why, mommy?"
Me: "'Cause its late. We're going to read these books."
Evie continues with her non-sensical question asking... cause that's what she does lately.
Me: "'Cause I'm lazy, that's why."
Evie: "Um, mommy? Are you lazy cause you're pregnant?"

I bust out laughing. I laughed so hard that Evie immediately clapped both hands against her face as if she were hiding from the punchline she just delivered. She wasn't immediately sure if I was happy or mad but figured it out soon thereafter... and began to laugh along.

No comments: