Friday, March 25, 2011

Repurposed



Thanks to my mother who not only taught me how to paint and do things for myself... but who also never had the balls to pull-off painting something this bold a color to make my little girl dreams come true.

Evie nearly pee'd her pants with joy last night when I just showed her the swatch of color. Tonight I might need to put down towels for when I reveal the finished product.;-)

Bought this very beat-up dresser (and oddly too-tall nightstand) on Craigslist the other night.... both for $55. The dresser will stay in Schwally's room since it's way too tall for Evie's room as originally planned. It will hopefully serve me well when I need a place to put a drink when I rock him back to sleep...

**UPDATE**
I walked Evie into Schwally's (what she named her future little brother) room to see the pink dresser. At first she was silent and then she looked amazed, "Wow!" she whispered to herself. Then, a frown.
"What's wrong?"
"I wanted a pink dresser....." she grumbled.
She thought it was Schwally's, hilarious!

No comments: