Thursday, March 24, 2011

PHOTO: 32weeks



Went to the doctor for a check-up yesterday. This appointment was just 2 weeks later than my last one (the one where I found out I gained 6lbs in just 3 weeks, mmm-yeah, that one). The appointment was not only a routine check-up but also... an ultrasound! Yes, due to some results from my blood work taken around 12 weeks... the doctor wanted to ensure Jr was growing OK (the blood work basically revealed that I could experience a slowdown in the end).
I'll post some updated ultrasound photos in another post... but everything looked good. The lab tech guessed he's at 4.5lbs right now (he's on track to be about the same size as his sister who has 7lbs5oz when born at 39 weeks). She also confirmed, again, that Jr is a boy... God did this woman love the term and sight of a "scrotum." And he is currently head down pulling on his toes.
:-)
I gained 1lb in 2 weeks, thank goodness. If I continued on a 2lb-a-week path then I'd be a heifer by the time this kid got here. Overall, I think I'm at 22-23lbs for this pregnancy... I'm OK with that.
In other slightly related news - everyone - and I do mean EVERYONE (complete strangers, even!) guesses that I'm carrying a boy. Do I look that different than I did with Evie? You be the judge...

No comments: