Friday, March 25, 2011

Eve-ism: Commercials

Evie's generation doesn't understand having to wait for shows to come on TV. Or understand that if you don't watch an episode when its on... you don't know when you'll ever catch it playing again. And, even know what commercials are!
Thanks to DVR... we've cut out all the stuff we don't like about TV and Evie has no appreciation for it at all.
Tonight, while watching yet ANOTHER EPISODE of Max and Ruby we have archived on the DVR, I hear her yelling from the couch, "Another Max and Ruby!" This is Evie's way of saying, "What is this crap on TV cutting into my program... and better yet... resolve this!"
I yell back, "Evie. Its a commercial. Just wait a a minute. Your show will be back on."
She relents.
I walk back in to skip ahead the last 2 commercials for her.
Evie pouts a little and puts her hands out in front of her in a reasoning motion, "These commercials don't understand that I'm watching my show!"

Indeed, Evie, Indeed.

No comments: