Friday, April 02, 2010

*** Day 2 of having a positive prego test

OK, so the answer is "No," I will not be updating this daily until my secret is out... but everything seems to swirl in your head those first few hours/days... I just gotta get it all out of my head and labeling this as Day 2 seemed an important factor to consider in this timeline way of things unfolding...
Whatever.

So, I ran to Kroger last night to pick-up a few things. I also ran to Walgreens for another test (just to be sure... I took it today... same faint line but its there!). Did you know they lock-up pregnancy tests at the Walgreens in the ghetto? Unreal. I had to ask the pharmacy clerk to walk down the aisle with me and unlock the one on sale (I'm pregnant and frugal)... she asks if I needed anything else before she rang me up... in typically nervous-chatter I am known for, "C'mon, we both know people only buy other things to go with the test to hide the fact that they are buying a test. This is all I really bee-lined in here for.." She laughed, I'm funny - win=win.

When I was running around the grocery store it dawned on me what horrible, horrible atrocities await me with the arrival of a second kid. Diapers... wipes... bottles... bottle cleaning!... pacifiers... pacifiers hitting the floor in the middle of the night... strollers.... snacks.... possible nursing fiascoes should I try it again and keep up with it for awhile.... expensive formula... baby food jars.... and a diaper bag to carry everywhere! AUGH! I just ended ALL OF THAT! Evie can poop and pee on a big girl toilet all by herself now... carries her own backpack with snacks and can totally dress herself. Wah! What have I done? I took my freedom and balled it up in my fist & threw it over a cliff! Two words: Buyer's remorse.
*sigh*

We drove to Greensboro last night (to see my family for Easter) and I also cannot believe I am entering the family battle
zone with no refuge through a glass of wine. Its like running into a hail of gunfire bare-chested. Again, what have I done?
I watched Evie curl up in her car seat and softly snooze the second lat night leg of our trip home. She's all sweaty and hot when we arrive... she curls up against me seeking comfort in new surroundings after dozing in the familiarity of her car seat. Gawd, this kid is so great how will I seriously love a second one? She can't be topped - she's perfect. This kid's gonna hafta breath rings of fire on its 1st birthday to impress me after the awesome baby/toddler legacy Evie is leaving behind.

I start to fall asleep in my parent's guestbed. I'm on my side facing the window. It doesn't take long for me to quickly realize that my days of sleeping enjoyment are numbered and I immediately flip to my stomach.

No comments: