Thursday, December 31, 2009

First full-tfeature movie in the theater! Yeah!

The Princess and the Frog.
A friend on Facebook talked of her 4year old loving this movie in the theater this past week. After commenting that we aren't ready for theaters yet, this same friend persuaded me to try. Apparently her kid had gone to her first theater movie when she was younger than Evie. She reminded me that all the kids wiggle & writhe during the film... so we wouldn't be standing out in the crowd.
So, I told Rob we were going to go see the latest acclaimed Disney flik.
Rob was torn between wanting to share the experience and wanting to pull out his eyeballs at the sheer thought of attending this film.
Rob and I hate Disney. OK, maybe not all Disney ... just the ultra-conservative bullsh*t parts (which is most of it in recent decades). I also never liked princesses and do not even know the entire story of some hits like "Sleeping Beauty"... I hated Little Mermaid (lame) and I think Beauty and the Beast is contrived. Yet, my daughter, freaking LOVES Princesses lately.
I personally enjoyed Alladin (funny! I know there's a princess element but I liked the Genie), The Fox and the Hound (best friends! Sad ending.... sniff) and Mary Poppins (she's Disney, right? Who knows...)... but never the princess movies.
But if Evie is going to experience her first movie it might as well be a stereo-typical start (cartoon full-feature) and one about princesses to boot.
We raced to make the matinee and asked a mom/daughter to scoot over to make room for us. It was packed. We plopped Evie in between us only to quickly realize... the seat folded-in on her. This heavy kid is too light for theater seats. So, plop, on my lap she goes... and there she sat nearly the whole movie.
We shared a medium popcorn (more like Evie let us have some bites throughout her feeding frenzy) and we shared a coke (I snuck in a sippy-cup of juice for her but she snuck sips of coke where she could).
The last 20 minutes was a struggle. It was that part of any movie where things are starting to get resolved but they also momentarily drag on with bouts of quiet and sad longing... then blam! The movie picks up... Evie has finally relaxed & stopped squirming and is holding my hand (I think she was actually starting to konk out)... and then its over.
Evie's reviews: "I lika da movie. Yeah! Hoffcorn (popcorn)! Frogs. Princess. Hoffcorn."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am really loving the theme/design of your site. Do you ever run
into any internet browser compatibility issues?
A small number of my blog readers have complained about
my website not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Opera.
Do you have any advice to help fix this issue?



my site; weightloss diet