Friday, December 11, 2009

Caught!

We are currently at my parents' house (in NC) and will be here through the weekend. We typically drive in at night thinking Evie would sleep, the traffic would be light and the time I'd have to request off from work would be minimal.
We rolled in last night around 9PM.
Evie did sleep on the trip but posed a bit of a problem when we got here. Once up, and in a foreign place, it can be scary to fall asleep again... alone... in a wierd room. After many frustrated tears and crying, she was out by 10PM and she flailed around till 10:30PM. Finally - we could go to bed now, too. And, although it wasn't that late... a full day at work and a road trip with a dog & a toddler can wear the most energized of parents OUT.
So into bed we rolled. And, to be blunt, randiness was to be had.
Hey, we are old, tired parents but we aren't dead.
And, I know this is Evie's baby blog but since this act typically leads to babies ...it seems fitting that I profess my utter horror and humiliation that my father... caught us. I know, I know. Mortified.
The door was closed (which is more fore-thought than I can say from some of my more stupid dating days) and we heard a soft *knock* *knock* on the door. I thought he'd take the hint and go away when the light rapping was met with our profound SILENCE. *knock* *knock* louder.
We must have not heard him, right?
Still silence on our end as we decided to start looking for articles to save our modesty.
*knock* *knock* *knock* Yes, surely they will hear knocks in threes.
Ok, he isn't going away and he WILL be coming in if we don't respond. "Yes?"
Door opens. Our eyes peek over the covers.
"I need my nasal spray [hand pokes in from the door crack, grabs a bottle off the nearest dresser and disappears. Door closes. End scene.]"
*sigh*
How should one feel when caught, while married, in the parental homestead?

1 comment:

kendra said...

ah, ha ha ha ha haaaa!