Thursday, January 29, 2009

One last day before work, work, work!

I set the alarm to get up at 7AM this morning. I figured after sleeping in until 8AM these last 2 weeks was going to KILL me when I had to get up at/around 6:30AM for my first day at the new job tomorrow.
Evie awoke not too much past my getting up. Rob joined us & we all had breakfast... or rather... we tried to teach Evie how to scoop up her oatmeal in a spoon. Mom 7 dad then had to tag-team clean up Evie since most of the oatmeal landed everywhere but in her mouth. I think oatmeal is one of the main ingredients in cement just after sand and gravel.
I got Evie dressed and thoroughly enjoyed the full arm embrace I got as I pulled up her pants. She then also did NOT want to be put down. Normally I find this completely annoying since I have things I want to get done. She weighs a lot and being one-armed truly slows a person down. But, this morning, I thought, "You don't want to go down? Great! Let's be siamese twins for the day! This will be fun!"
Rob was full of energy this morning and had Evie ready to go to the sitter's at 8:30AM. Normally we show up at 9:15AM. Evie didn't want to go. She was completely content laying belly-to-bely on me in our living room side chair. I truly enjoyed feeling her belly breathe and feeling it hop when she giggled. Damned, tomorrow is going to be hard. I'm suddenly flooded with the feelings I had leaving her at 2 months old.
Off she is whisked and out the door to the car. She watches over Rob's shoulder and then turns to get in the car.
I close the door.
I'm left wondering if yesterday was just a perfectly outstanding day hence the reason why I am pining to stay at home with Evie now or if we finally just got into a groove (only to have that be broken once I work again).
*sigh*
Kids are amazing creatures.

1 comment:

CJ said...

Just when you get it all figured out, something always changes. Life is frustrating.