Sunday, January 04, 2009

Another Saturday Night


In an effort to do good on one of my New Year's Resolutions (see previous post), I decided to finally pick-up the canvases Rob bought me when I had this "great idea!" to paint last March. The paints I had rushed out to buy have also sat untouched for well over 9 months now.
Its sad how often I do this.
So, I turned on my iPod, laid out Evie's splatt-mat on the dining room table and invited Rob to join me.
What the hell else are you going to do when you have no babysitter?
So, Rob tried his hand at watercolors (a craft he, too, has put off for nearly a year now) while I got to it.
I pulled out this glue I bought in 2004 when I was going to decoupage something. I pulled out the origami papers (also purchased in 2004 for part of the decoupage project that never got underfoot). I grabbed the paint brushes long ago packed in the basement and began seeing what happened.
Four liberating hours later, I completed 2 masterpieces and am left feeling somehow "relieved" for letting some playtime loose.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, those are pretty darn swanky!

Jay Geldhof said...

Very nice!
Love the chubby birdy.

Beechwood Metalworks said...

I love these! Do I see an Etsy page in your future? I'd buy some!