Thursday, January 15, 2009

Potty time

So the doctor tells me to go and buy a baby toilet during Evie's recent 18-month check-up. It seems both completely ridiculous and sad that she is becoming a kid (and no longer my little baby).
So, I bought this $25 plastic job that features a lid (so it becomes a step stool later) and a rubber ring to "cushie that tushie". Whatever, I think she should have to learn how to sit on a frigid, hard surface like the rest of us, but, whatever.
So, the doctor tells me to let her get comfortable with it and just let her play with it. We put it in the bathroom maybe a week ago and its just sat there. I showed Evie the flip-up lid and she expressed no interest.
Fine.
Suddenly, this morning, Evie lifts up the potty lid. I was putting on mascara and I hear Rob from the doorway, "Hey! Psst! Check out it out!"
Evie picks up the lid and correctly sits on the toilet.
(No, she didn't actually 'go'... she doesn't even know how too. She just sat there in her footie pajamas and must have been mimicking what she sees us do).
Before I could comment on how funny/cool the whole action was... Evie then stood up (as if to flush? I looked on, hopeful), grabbed Moo-Cow, shoved him in the mini-toilet slamming the lid shut.
*sigh*
Thank goodness this wasn't the real thing or Moo-Cow is in for a lot of baths.

No comments: