Thursday, July 26, 2007

The perfect maternity leave day

Early feeding at 5:30AM and curl back into bed (all 3 of us) until the alarm goes off at 7:45AM. Setting the alarm gives me the opportunity to get dressed, brush my teeth! (a luxury these days), make coffee and then feed the baby again before marching outside for our morning stroll.
Walk to CVS to buy nail polish (I can now update my pedicure!).
Get home in time to clean the back patio and pull out a lawn chair from the basement.
Make mini sandwiches, grab a cool limeade and head outdoors to lay out in the sun with Harry Potter (yes, I wore my 10-year-old ill-fitting bikini and it barely covered the girls. I didn't care in the least).
An hour later, just a few minutes to cool off... hit the showers. Shampoo AND shave my legs.
Get out in time to feed a grumpy baby... and then watch her drift back to sleep.
Work on Rob's website for a short while and then curl up for an hour-long (motionless) nap. (I could have slept for another hour).
Wake up to feed baby and then make dinner (Mexican complete with a real beer and gaucomole, mmm!)
Clean up kitchen, time to blog and wait for final feeding before hitting the sheets tonight. (Evie will probably eat twice before calling it a night around 11PM).

Also worth noting - Evie didn't spit up once today (she did after every feeding only 2 days ago). Maybe my cutting her off before she gets too full is helping? Maybe moving her more slowly is working? Maybe the fact that I am eating more these days (instead of going for hours starving). Maybe the medicine has suddenly decided to start working? Maybe I need to just keep my fingers crossed and stop asking why....

All in all - an excellent day for mom.
And, I plan to recreate it again soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah! happy to hear you had such a blissful day. Sounds like she is sleeping a lot! you are lucky.