Sunday, July 15, 2007

Admit it. You wanted to see it.

I wanted to know what T's C-Section looked like a day & a half after she had hers. I was so curious. I know WHERE they cut you and that they slice you across hip to hip... but what did it LOOK like? I don't think she shares my fascination with the bizarre, borderline gross, things involving biological science. She told me, "Maybe later."
My whole pregnancy was like a science lab experiment so it only seemed fitting that I'd see her fresh scar to complete my vision of what one type of labor & delivery looked like. This was also when I thought I'd never have a cesarean in a million years. I didn't think I'd get to share her experince firsthand. So, turns out I was wrong it and it was best she never showed me. The look of it is slightly frankenstein-ish... but, honestly, I think I'd do it again if/when we have kid #2. The experience was better than I imagines and, from what I hear, less pain than a vaginal birth. Sure, recovery sucks, but so do hemorroids from straining for hours and hours on end, right?
So, for my fellow "horror" lovers - here's photos. Cause there's nothing I love more than living unique life experiences - its documenting it all, too.

I think all doctors approach C-Sections differently. Mine used staples. Some use dissolvable sutures and some use glue (T said that's what she had). This photo was taken right after they removed the VERY ADHESIVE gauze bandage (that ripped off my skin! This hurt the worst of all...) the day after surgery.
The staples were removed (fearfully, but surprisingly, painlessly) the day we went home. This is 3 days post-op. Heals fast, huh? Who would have thunk it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, sweet angel, that's where you're wrong....I'm trying to eat my cheese & crackers here!!!

Anonymous said...

Way more of you than I ever needed to see. :)

a doran kid said...

ouch!

are you okay. that looks like it hurts.

Anonymous said...

IT'S ALL LIES!!! NOT A CSCAR GTFO POSER