Sunday, July 29, 2007

Ghetto-Ass Mobile


So, I thought mobiles were a complete waste of money. Turns out, many other things I registered for were. The mobile is actually a great item to have - I should have registered for one afterall.
Two of my friends (and fellow moms) made mobiles for their kids & I followed their lead.
Babies really do not "see" how much more spectacular an $89.99 musical mobile is verses a paper one fueled by the breeze of the overhead ceiling fan. This is a good thing about infants. When they are attending kindergarten - the appreciation for low-budget can change dramatically and you are suddenly spending more money thanks to classmates with rich (or spoiling) parents. So, for now, craft-time it is!
I spent a few hours concocting this made-from-scratch mobile yesterday morning. I had to create the graphics, individually cut them out... I then had to get soda straws and fishing line... get it to all balance out. Finally, Rob hung it tonight after Evie spent 12 intoxicating minutes staring at the living room ceiling fan.
"Rob! Look at this! I've never seen her so fascinated by anything for this long! You've got to hang that mobile! We are missing the window of opportunity here!"
I then ask him to take a picture of her watching it (and I was kinda proud of my craft project, low budget as it may be).
Rob says after the click of the camera, "Evie and her ghetto-ass mobile."
Thanks, honey. Thanks a lot.
Turd.

1 comment:

Robert Ullman said...

I'd just like to go on record as saying the mobile is awesome, ghetto ass or not. Anything that is free instead of eighty bucks is all good in my book.