Saturday, September 11, 2010

Here we go... again?


Let me first begin by saying I have had the wildest August filled with a lot of partying. We spent a week at the Outer Banks the final week of August (conception week) and not a morning/day/night went by w/o a Bloody Mary breakfast, beers on the beach, Frozen Margarittas at the pool and/or a more of the same into the night. The last night in particular was a little bit beyond debauchery. The following weekend was my Girls Retreat weekend in the mountains. Four girls + 12 bottles of wine over a 3-day weekend equaled fun, fun, fun. I then met with a recruiter, during this week, to inquire about a new career path (we met at the bar) and the next night we attended a late night Tortoise concert (accompanied with beers).The day after the concert was spent off work but in the backyard (trimmed shrubs, sawed down small trees, leveled some mud around our house foundation, cleaned up wood debris from when the shed was built, etc. I basically managed to fill 5 trash bins in 4 hours and nearly wore myself out).
So, when did I take the test and fine out the answer was "yes?"... the day after the yard overhaul and the day after Rob left for SPX (convention in Bethesda, MD).
Ah yes, for MONTHS and even YEARS while trying I have been concsientious to take prenantal vitamins or relax on the drinking after that magical "conception" window. I have tried to take it easy and not stress myself out. So, when does this happen for me? During the week I did everything but and lived life to the fullest.... just like when I got pregnant with Evie. ;-)
So, knowing I am in a similar stage of life now as I was with creating Evie... I feel positive about this one and yet, at the same time, I am not letting it get to my head like the last one. In fact, perhaps I should be a wee bit more excited like I was with Evie but after you have a miscarriage -- you turn into a stone-faced poker player. I was even looking up whether or not I could have a glass of wine tonight since, you know, there's nothing really attached to baby. Right? Right?!
WRONG, boo.
I poured out an entire bottle of wine after only having had 1 glass last night after my yardwork was complete. But, that's OK... I can have one again... in late May.

No comments: