Saturday, February 07, 2009

Trash Collector

Evie has learned a new trick of throwing things away.
I filled the laundry basket with clothes from the dryer and hauled it out to the couch for folding. Evie sometimes takes an interest in knocking over the freshly folded piles of shirts. In my attempts to deflect her grabs, a pair of my underwear hit the floor. She immediately grabbed them and ran off. I decided not to pursue since I could now fold in peace.
Visions of guests coming over to find a pair of my panties laying about began flooding my mind... so I stopped folding to go on the hunt.
Evie stood in the corner behind the chair.
After asking her where the goods were (and realizing she doesn't have a clue what I am asking about) I figured they'd show up.
They did.
In the swing-top trash can in the kitchen.
Part of me finds this funny and part of me is beginning to wonder what else I've lost or soon will lose.

No comments: