Sunday, February 15, 2009

sidewalk chalk


I picked up this little tub of sidewalk chalk for $1 at Target. A stupid impulse buy much like every weekly $10 expenditure I have at the Target Hot Spot area. Besides, we still have a whole cart of chalk from Evie's birthday last year... but this was only $1! I had to have it.
Evie's really been into going outside.
Sun, wind, cold, hail... it doesn't stop her. She's a driving force who insists on being out in nature.
We went outside Sunday after lunch despite this pesky cold she's had for over a week (she's been waking up all night coughing and, in turn, waking us up all night, too).
I thought she'd race for the park but she sat on the front steps instead. Tap, tap, tapping her toes (she can reach the next step with her feet now).
I went back side and got the chalk.
She loved it. Well, I loved it. I drew unicorns and hearts and stars... all the girliest stuff I could think of.
Evie then spent the next hour sitting on each drawing while defacing another... er, I mean to say, coloring in the shapes I had made.
Scribble, scribble, swipe, swipe! She doesn't have any form to her writings yet and she still switches hands but it is noteworthy that she didn't eat the chalk nor did she snub it like last summer. I can't wait till spring when we can do more activities like this!

No comments: