Thursday, October 28, 2010

11 weeks

Ugh, I don't recall when my stomach officially "popped" last time, although, looking up my old posts, I commented on this very same subject matter at 12 weeks. I also posted that I no longer fit into a pair of plaid pants that I ...sorta outgrew just by being fat this past year. :-/
Two days ago I was in a meeting with my manager (someone who works in a different building than me and that I haven't seen in weeks). She completely interrupted me to ask, "Are you pregnant?" I turned 9 shades of red and blurted out a flat, "Yes."
And then, yesterday, I could just tell (at the end of the day after work), my belly has definitely begun to "pop". That part that used to fold over when I sat or even curved in when I stood up... seems to have puffed out. Hmmmm,...
I'm excited... but I'm also at that pivotal moment of having buyer's remorse (Oh Gawd, I forgot how big I was or how my belly touched the door knob before my hand did or how I could only sleep on my one side for over 3 months or how my legs would go numb OFTEN from the pressure on my spine) and ready to get this show on the road (When can I stop living in denial and bust out the comfy stretchy pants already or when is it safe to have that leisurely glass of wine or when will I stop feeling like shit & get that second trimester upswing).
Two more weeks till I have to take the "hold 32 oz's of water for an hour" test and I will announce the news to the wide, wide world. I just want to get to this sonogram... and I want it to look GOOD.

No comments: