Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Exercising her right to vote

I was preparing a bedtime bath for Evie last night when Rob and I caught this on the news, "Voter turn-out has been 245 people today. The outlook was for low turn-out but the numbers are much lower then originally anticipated..."
We exchanged glances and, without skipping a beat, got in the car. We can't NOT vote.... geez.
The ladies at the church were excited to put the "I voted!" sticker on Evie while dad and mom cast their ballots.
We had only 2 positions to vote for: a democrat verses an independent ... and a democrat running against no one.
The experience was slightly lame since there was only 1 other couple there (not exactly an exciting voting atmosphere) but these types of situations are optimal when dealing with a 4-month-old during the time right before bed.

So, we voted, did you?

1 comment:

Jay Geldhof said...

I think there was even LESS on our ballot here, so nope, I'm afraid we passed.