Monday, January 08, 2007

Yoga

So, tonight was the first night of my "Prenatal Yoga" class. I was worried it was going to be slow (first day getting acquainted with the teacher, fellow students, the center, etc) but we dove right in after the initial introduction! 9 girls in the class.
I was the barely pregnant one there (at 14wks) but there were some just beyond me. One girl was 15 weeks, another was 18 weeks. There was a 20, 25 and a 26 weeks prego there. Then there was the girl next to me at 37 weeks! Yikes! And she kept up with all of it so... maybe that's a good sign for me. It at least gives me no excuse to get spongy later on in this pregnancy.
I'm excited to have a weekly activity to look forward to - its a nice feeling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

physically, i'm kind of an idiot. also, i got freaking huge during the last couple months of pregnancy. thus, the yoga got kind of hard for me at the end, but i didn't want to get all sedentary and stiff right before giving birth. my doctor recommended water aerobics, and it was awesome. i was the youngest person in the class by approximately 40 years, so the pace was nice and easy. and, when you weigh 35 pounds more than you're used to weighing, weightlessness rocks.

Brooke Ullman said...

Watching a room filled with lollipops shaped woman (big bellies and skinny legs) is a trip - especially when we all balance on one leg in the tree pose!
Aqua aerobics sounds great - especially when I'm hot, sweaty and fat this summer. I just hope no one tried to harpoon me.