Thursday, January 11, 2007

Rubber-band solutions my ass

I have always heard/known/read that one trick to keep your regular pants on longer... is to loop a rubberband around the button and through the hole. This may work if your pants aren't like all of my dress pants (one with metal hooks) or if you don't mind that you've got your fly open as far as it can possibly be open (and I mean open wide! Is that white panties that I see?).
We leave today for the 8 hr drive to Stow OH. Tomorrow we then drive 2 hrs to Toledo OH to attend my grandmother's funeral (yes, I got the call at work yesterday at 1PM). On Saturday, they may (or may not) have a private burial just for family members and on Sunday we drive home. *sigh*, its a lot and I am already exhausted thinking about it.
I had to try on more work pants last night to see what I could wear to the funeral. My 2 pairs of black pants (didn't I wear this one pair just last week Wednesday?) already fit horribly. It happened so quickly. It went from minor uncomfortableness to all-out belly that fits into nada. Its funny and really not-so-funny at the same time. I'm 14 weeks - the books were right. I can't believe T held this event off until 17 weeks. Sheesh!
So, I dove into a bag of maternity clothes given to me from C. All, ok MOST, of the pants are floods. Fat, pregnant and pants too short? Please God, kill me. I did manage to find 2 pairs of Liz Lange in there. Although, not exactly crisp dress slacks (they look like dress pants made out of knit fabric typically used for yoga pants. The cinched waist doesn't help either), they will do. People don't look at family members clothing anyway. You're supposed to look like shit out of respect for the dead. Hell, some cultures covers mirrors and forego make-up (hear me now, I will never forego make-up. I will even given birth with mascara!).
So, I think I've reached that pinnacle. That pinnacle I've been anxiously waiting for - getting a belly and actually looking pregnant (showing). And now that I realize there's no going back and all I have are 5 pairs of pants for the next 6 months... what the hell was I so anxious for?!.

No comments: