Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Retail Therapy

Well, like Rob said, it really wasn't "retail therapy" since it was all functional, practical and not necessarily anything "fun" that I'd truly want to own.
Maternity wear.
Yes, its sad to say, today I wore my black dress pants with a safety pin holding them together. I've also already progressed beyond many pairs of business slacks since they all feature those double hook/eye latch systems that fit well when you bought them... before you were pregnant.
Off to Old Navy I went. Rob, what a good team player, went with me.

All for $75.48 I am now the proud owner of:
2 tank tops - not maternity but long & stretchy - $6ea.
1 pair of green pants - chinos, really - $16.99 (were $34.99).
1 pair of tan velveteen-like "jeans" - $16.99 (were $34.99).
2 long Henley Tees with wide necks - $5.99ea. (were $19.50ea.).
1 charcoal v-neck sweater - $12.99 (was $34.99)


Rob and I were pretty amazed. It turns out I only liked the stuff on super mark-down. How often does THAT happen?
I still need 1 pair of basic black slacks and 1 pair of jeans... and shloads more tops... but I'm feeling confident, should the need arise, I'm prepared. And, I think that need could happen as soon as 2 weeks from now.

3 comments:

Jay Geldhof said...

Meg was pretty lucky with the whole "Scrubs" at work thing.
At home she just started wearing a lot of my clothes.
Not quite sure HOW I feel about that.....

Anonymous said...

old navy is, in my opinion, the best, best place for maternity clothes: cheap and plain.

before you go nuts buying big pants, i suggest you consider the bella band. with it, i was able to wear normal jeans through most of my pregnancy.

best best best,
jessica

Brooke Ullman said...

I have the Bella Band and have already begun wearing it. The only thing hard about it with my jeans is that they tend to slip down in the back after sitting. So, after some adjustments - all's well with the world. Good to hear you wore your jeans throughout most of your pregnancy - that sounds like music to my ears!