Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Toe Jam: Evie's Activity of Choice

I am making dinner and call Evie into the kitchen, "Take your seat, we're going to eat soon!"
Evie grabs her usual seat and immediately spread eagles on the chair digging at her feet.
Me: "What are you doing (knowing the answer)!?"
Evie: "I'm picking this stuff out of my toes."
Me: "Ugh, Evie! Not at the table! Go somewhere else!"
Evie: "Ok, momma (backstory: she calls me 'Momma' only as a response to me telling her to do something, otherwise, I am called 'Mommy'."
Evie hops down from the chair and exits the kitchen.
I go back to getting things on the table and then walk into the pantry to get another item for dinner. Evie is in the pantry, sitting on the floor with her legs crossed, digging at her feet again.
Me: "Evie! can you go somewhere that doesn't involve food!?"
Evie: "Sorry momma."

Fast-forward a few days.
Max is on the floor and enjoying playing with his toes. It's recently been warm enough for him to be allowed around the house w/o socks and he's really enjoying it.
Evie notices the fuzz in his toes, "Ew, Max! Lookit his feet, mom! He has dirt on his feet."
I tell her, " Nah, it's just from his socks. " *pause* "Toe jam."
A few seconds later...
Evie: " I love toe jam."
A few seconds later...
Me: "I know."

No comments: