Monday, August 01, 2011

Max is filling in his tub nicely.

Max is 11 weeks and 5 days old.

Tonight I gave Max a bath in his little plastic tub.
I poured water all over his bullfrog belly keeping him both warm and entertained. It occured to me that he might no longer require the green, fabric "hammock" that clips to the top edge of the tub to keep newborns safely afloat.
I unclipped the hammock near Max's feet and propped his butt up in the ridge designed to hold bigger babies in a reclining position.
He instantly kicked his legs as if each sudden fling of his leg would propel his tub like a boat headed down river.
Water flew up in spurts hitting me in the face.
He was ecstatic.
Max began to hold his arms (rigidly) out in front of him in a rowing position and bounced them up & down in synch with his flinging legs... he laughed aloud and grinned ear to ear.

This boy is gonna be fun.

No comments: