Sunday, November 14, 2010

Toxoplasmosis vs. Toxemia

My doctor called on Friday to give me a report from my blood work coupled with another doctor's findings from my ultrasound last week.
The good news: Odds of Downs Syndrome were 1 out of 7000+ something or another... the odds of another genetic malformation (I believe it was Tey Sachs) was 1 out of 1200+ something or another. Both were good odds and, thus, a big sigh of relief for me... I can now progress into believing this pregnancy is not only real but celebratory.
He also had a few other findings.
What I *recalled* the doctor saying on my voicemail was "Tex-er-something."
What I found looking online while in Washington DC visiting my friend, A, was toxoplasmosis. What I really have (found in my blood work) is a higher risk to develop toxemia.
I have now learned two things this weekend: 1. Always replay voicemail messages for friends when you are pregnant because when you are pregnant your mental faculties are all out of whack. 2. Don't read too far into WebMD.

No comments: