Tuesday, June 01, 2010

CRASH! Shatter....

So, I'm on vacay... in Chicago.
A longish trip.
Rob's been left with Evie once before... about this time of year... I was in a conference in Kansas City.
I was to be in Chicago Friday-Monday (but due to a flight cancellation on Monday, my trip is extended to Tuesday).

On Sunday morning I called the house to see what was on the agenda for the day. I asked, "how's it going?" Rob replies, "You don't want to know." Which, of course, now I HAVE to know.
He fills me in," Well, I was taking out the trash and Evie locked me out."
Lemme back-track a little. We closed off our back door when we did the addition to the house. The side door, which we maybe used... twice... was suddenly now our back door. This door is original to the house and hangs at a most horrible angle. This horrible angle causes it to NOT latch closed and swing open by 2 inches. So, we leave a key in the door. We lock it shut to keep it latched closed. Evie, who is almost 3 years old and OBSESSED with keeping all doors closed at ALL TIMES, loves to immediately lock the door anytime it remains open for longer than a minute. Fortunately, one of us is usually in the house when she does lock one of us out. Unfortunately, I am in Chicago.
Fast forward to Sunday morning.
I ask Rob about how he managed to get in the house.
"I told Evie to get back and broke the glass with a brick."
*sigh*
Well, at least we now have one of those here's-one-of-the-many-bullsh*t-things-you-did-as-a-kid stories to tell her when she is 16.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.