Monday, May 03, 2010

*** Post Surgery update

This will, hopefully, be last depressing post regarding this miscarriage. This is, after, Evie's website and was designed to be more of a "fun & sarcastic" look at being a mom.... its not me to dwell on big things for too long. Today was the surgery so I shall press on.

We dropped off Eve at T's house and got to the doctor's office slightly early.
Paperwork signed and a small wait later, I'm weighed and led to my section behind the curtain. Strip down and put your stuff in a bag, don a gown and a hairnet, and suddenly I feel like a little girl who doesn't have a clue of what to do next.Is it weird I felt more naked when I had to leave my wedding band at home this morning? I never take it off for anything...
I get on my bed and am wrapped in oven-toasty blankets. I feel better.
The nurse, Ann, asks a lot of questions including, "So how far along were you?" I think to myself, thank God I'm like a rock in these situations... an emotional woman would not handle this so well. And yet I start to cry each and every time a different nurse asks the question, "Why are you here?"
"I'm having a D&C."

Mark, the anesthesiologist, is incredible nice and slightly goofy - I welcomed that.
Another nurse stops by to hit me with a drug to keep me from getting sick to my stomach.
Two more nurses, Stacy and another Ann, tell me they'll be in during the procedure.
Everyone is super accommodating and nice. The clock has, thankfully, zoomed to 11:50AM.

Here's the doctor!
He seems scattered, God I hope he ate lunch.

Things go quick and off I am wheeled.
I never noticed when they slipped me something but as I am being wheeled into the room, my eye roll in my head and I cannot keep my eyes focused on anyone thing. Its like having the spins. I mention this and my words sounds worse than being completely drunk. My mental faculties kind of fight this, someone tells me its to be expected, and then I am in a warm bed looking at a nurses station. I see a clock - its 1:10PM.

I try to fight of the groggies thinking we need to go pick-up Evie soon. I loose the battle and zonk out for another 15minutes.

The nurse who gave me the stomach meds offers a sprite... my mouth feels like a desert.
Someone gets Rob. I wonder what I may have said to him during that time... Its a little fuzzy. I wanted to go home.
Rob helps me get dressed (I manage just fine) and a wheelchair pulls up.
Rob leaves to pull the car around and we wheel down while the nurse and I talk about shoes (Danskos!)... ah, nervous chatter.

Rob drops me off at home and leaves to go get Evie. I finish off leftovers for lunch and zonk out for another hour and a half. Thank goodness Evie took a nap, too... down time for everyone.
This afternoon has been rather simple. No cramping at all. I was prescribed meds but haven't even looked at them yet (me not being one to take meds unless its a near death experience). I've had very light bleeding (hardly any at all - its bleeding like from a cut, not a period). I've eaten a big dinner and I feel... just fine.

Tomorrow, work from home and, soon thereafter, continue life where I left it just over a month ago.

3 comments:

kendra said...

the therapist in me says it's good to write about it. the friend wants to get you real drunk. self care, self care, self care.. hope you are ok enough.

Georgia said...

Sorry, I had not read this post when I left my first comment.

Gushing people can always be annoying.

Especially when one is not feeling all that well and does not have the strength to listen to how wonderful they and their lives are.

ps the url on my last comment has the best free fundraiser on it. That's why I sent you that particular page.

Get 2 Cents For Your School Or Charity
For Each Drink Pouch, Cookie, Frito Lay Product, Candy Bar Wrapper, Empty Colgate Oral Care Product Etc. (See Brigades)
You Send To TerraCycle

http://www.terracycle.net/

http://www.terracycle.net/brigades?show_all=true

http://www.terracycle.net/contact_us

Take care of yourself and I think
Kendra is right getting drunk wouldn't hurt!. Alcohol can be very medicinal.

Really though,get some rest. Rest is the best medicine.

You sound like and I'm sure you are a great person.
LOL (Lots Of Love)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.