Friday, October 16, 2009

Primping mom

I went out today with K on a "girls' night out". A fancy seafood dinner complete with wine, endless catching up and hazelnut cake for dessert.
When rush-rushing to "spot clean" myself after work (washing off some make up, changing my shirt and re-curling a few key strands of hair) I stood at the end of my bed face-to-face to a pajama clad Evie.
"Hair?" She pointed to my mane. I ran my fingers through it quickly, adding, "Better?"
She replied approvingly, "Yeah."
She then took a step forward and reached for the hem of the sweater I just threw on... my hands reached down and met hers. We both pulled it straight. She leaned back on the footboard of the bed, one leg cocked up like a James Dean sort of stance.
"Do I look pretty?" asking her as I finished straightening my sweater.
Nodding approvingly with a slight childish grin, "Yeah."

No comments: