Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cheers!

Two stories:

We've recently taught Evie how to smack her sippy-cup against our glasses while shouting "Cheers!" and then you must take at least 1 sip for good-luck. Evie will do this a few times in a row before we try to slunk away and/or change the subject... but it is cute.

Evie really likes to imitate me lately. Recently: vacuuming. (backstory: my grandmother-who has very little money-had my uncle-who dumpster dives- find something for Evie when we went to visit her in her nursing home last October. He found a Barbie vacuum that had the plastic battery flap missing. He resolved this by actually taping in a set of batteries. A few spins around my grandmother's room was enough for us... it says, "Hi! I'm Barbie! Let's vacuum!" after every time you hit the button to listen to it whirrrrr & spin around a cyclone of little plastic foam balls. We put it in the attic after returning home from our trip.)
Last week Evie was imitating me vacuuming the floor but only had her grocery cart to pretend with. Realizing we had a new kid interest on our hands, Rob grabbed the vacuum from the attic. Five minutes i,n we remembered why we not only left it to die in the attic but someone else had thrown away the battery pack flap in the hopes of leaving it to die in the alley. "Hi! I'm Barbie! Let's vacuum! Hi! I'm Barbie! Let's vacuum! Hi! I'm........"
Tonight I decided to spot vacuum a few rooms before Evie went to bed. She immediately went to grab her vacuum. She came over to the rug and did this awkard lean into my handle. I had no idea what she was doing so I stopped moving the vacuum for fear I'd knock her over. Her handle finally hit mine. "Cheers!" She then proceeded to vacuum alongside me.

No comments: