Saturday, November 15, 2008

Home Alone

Today your father leaves for his weekend away, with B, for a sports-event holiday in Pittsburgh. He will enjoy male bonding at Mellon arena in tonite's Penguins game and then follow it up with more bonding at the Steelers game in Hines Field. He won't be back until we are both at the sitters & work on Monday.
I want you to take notice that mommy left you for 32hrs. Dad is leaving you for nearly 55hrs.
That's all.

;-)

So, you are napping for a shockingly long time now and even tough this is great (I love the break and have managed to get a few odds & ends done), I'm also getting anxious realizing this will mean no afternoon nap... when I need one. *sigh*

Its gorgeous outside today. Very windy and very balmy... around 70˚! I don't think we'll enjoy the day outside playing (you'll get terribly muddy and I honestly shudder at the thought of then having to clean you up with sans da-da. You still hate baths and I would welcome the assistant). (Readers: This reminds me. Have I mentioned that Evie now HATES baths? Its all my fault, really. I thought she'd eventually learn to stop looking up at the water when I rinsed her hair and she never did. So, she is so horrified at the thought of soapy water in her eyes that she cries throughout her baths now. Fun. Smart, mommy, smart.)

Well, I'm off to grab a sandwich while I can and maybe I'll watch crappy TV to relax before you wake up.

No comments: