Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bath night

So, like I have stated before... YOU. HATE. BATHS.
After a diaper change I decided to take advantage of your near nakedness and throw you in the bathtub. I carried you down the hall naked while dad drew a bath. You whimpered and sobbed the whole time either knowing your pending doom or just cranky since it was near bedtime (and when its near bedtime you tend to fuss over nakedness, clothing, diaper changes, toys, blankets, sippy cups, TV shows and books... OK, everything sets you off. We tune you out these days).
I had dad plunk you down in the bath tub while I swirl the new hot water in with the cooler water.
You howled.
You sat up on your knees.
I poured water over you as if to let you know it was going to happen regardless of your disapproval.
You actually began to settle in this time. Perhaps you recalled the bath from 2 nights ago where the second half was less scrubbing and more downtime with toys? Perhaps you are returning to what used to be "fun" bath time?
One could only hope.
Coaxing you to bathe has really grown tiresome this last month especially after I have had a long day myself and want nothing more THAN a nice bath...
So, here you are tonight. In your bath. Discovering the awesome powers of water and how it can create a vacuum seal in a plastic cup turned upside down. You giggle and reach for your rubber Ernie toy.
Ernie gets stuffed into the cup.
You then lean forward and blow on Ernie.
I ask, "You kissing Ernie?"
You blow again.
I repeat, "Huh? You giving Ernie kisses?"
You stop what you are doing. Stand up. Take a step to my face and kiss me on the lips. And then sit down again.

Damned you are sweet.

No comments: