Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Evie handed me a very sweet card (right before nearly eating it) and she helped dad pick out a very sweet necklace (yes, I cried). I also had a lovely bouquet of purple mums, Milano cookies and was served a homemade breakfast.
Evie gave me a small coordinated dance number and dad let me take a long, hot morning shower.
Now we are off to lunch, since, the weather sucks and my outdoor picnic plans are a wee bit ruined.
Oh well. Its still turning out to be a great day.
Happy mom's day to all the mom's out there!



**Edit:
So, Mother's Day was memorable. We decided to go 'cross town to P.F. Chang's for lunch. Apparently we were not the only ones with this place in mind. After an 1.5 hr wait (we strolled around the mall), we were sat in a great spot next to the wall. Walls are great when you have a kid so you aren't in the center for all to see & you can kind of make a mess without bothering too many people. Evie was quite frustrated by the time we were sat since it was an hour past her lunch, very near her nap-time.... and she had a full diaper. I realized how full her diaper really was when, AS I was sitting down and putting her on my lap, she peed through her pants and mine. I quickly got up and we ran to the bathroom where someone was kind enough to help me open the handicapped stall door with crying baby in tow.
Evie was promptly cleaned and changed into old clothes I happened to have brought with me in case of such an emergency. I went back, wet, and we watched her eat Cheerios & bananas before her having a meltdown right as our food arrived. I had to cradle her (to calm her down a bit) while she kept putting her foot on/off my plate. She eventually settled into coo'ing and pulling on my hair.
We then went home to greet grandma/pa Ullman who had just driven in from Ohio for the weekend.
After a much needed nap, we all enjoyed dried-out pork tenderloin & overcooked brocolli courtesy of me trying to do too much in too short a time frame.
All-in-all, just as a a Mother's Day should be, right? ;-)


No comments: