Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Lights - Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens

We attended the lights a few weeks back but I am just now getting around to posting (Sat, Dec 8th, in fact).
We are fortunate to live in very close proximity to the Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens. I haven't been yet, so this was a beautiful way to be introduced. I purchased a 1-year family pass late November. I anticipate attending the Mother's Day picnic and perhaps a few "Groovin' in the Garden" shows next summer. It will be fun to watch a baby roll around repeating "whoa!" (after I teach her this phrase, of course).
Enjoy!





Evie fussed throughout 85% of the evening - it was bedtime and I don't think she enjoyed being stuffed into a fleece teddy bear snowsuit. Maybe next year we will have more "oh! and ah's!" and less "wah's!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these pictures! I don't know what else to say.

Addie is finally at the "oh and ah!" stage this Christmas, and it's been fun. I have to admit I was proud when, at her school Christmas party, Addie actually spoke to Santa (we were with two boys from her class who burst into tears).

Brooke Ullman said...

Thanks! I love the topmost blue-cast photo. I kept having to tell Rob to stop walking so I could capture it... she looks so great looking up at the lights.

Good for Addie - a chick with courage. ;-)

kendra said...

brooke,

are you guys coming tomorrow? I have plenty of supplies.. namely wine. Meg is coming, my girlfriend Rachel, and maybe Jessica J. I can't wait to see all of you. any news?